The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends dental visits at least twice per year. Regular exams and professional cleanings can help to ensure optimal oral health. At Prior Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, our team consistently provides high-quality dental cleanings and thorough preventive exams.
Professional cleanings rid the teeth of harmful plaque and tartar build-up. This is important for preventing tooth decay, periodontal disease, and other oral health issues. Additionally, a professional cleaning by our hygienist may remove some surface stains. This can help keep your teeth looking whiter and brighter.
During your examination, we will also:
- evaluate your overall oral health
- discuss oral hygiene practices and habits
- check your bite and jaw for any issues
- evaluate your risk of tooth decay, gum disease, oral cancer, and others
- evaluate existing tooth restorations
- take dental x-rays if necessary
Regular professional dental cleanings and exams are essential for maintaining a healthy mouth and a beautiful smile.
Contact us to request an appointment for a dental exam and cleaning.